Data Storage/Exports

I just started testing of our new pool yesterday and your app is the best by far. I will be required to keep test records for my warranty. Is there anyway to download/email test entries or anything planned for a future release?

1 Like

Thanks for the praise, I’m glad you like the app so far!

Sure, I’ll prioritize data-export soon. I have a few questions that will help:

1. I think I should add a button on the pool-details screen that will just export the data for that 1 pool. I might add an option to the settings that will export all the pools… but you probably only have 1 pool anyways, right?

2. I’m not sure what to do with the .csv file after generating it. It miiiight sometimes be too big to email, but not for any reasonable users… I’ll probably just open the phone’s system share-sheet (the thing that asks you to copy, text, save-to-photos, etc… depending on the file type). This might also support custom spreadsheet apps you have, and I think email is an option anyways.

3. Do you have a preference for the row / column layout?

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. That’s correct. I would only have 1, but I wouldn’t mind having to use an export all feature from the settings screen just to keep things clean.
  2. Using the default share-sheet sounds perfect… email, save to cloud, send to onenote, files, etc.
  3. No strong opinion on format. Single row per reading entry, flat with columns for each reading and treatment? I would only read back through the files if there was an issue.

Thanks again,
brian