You can now remix your own recipes!

Not that anyone else has wanted to do this (I’m the only one that’s ever made a recipe, so far), but there was previously a limitation where you could only remix (fork, copy, etc…) somebody else’s recipe.

Anyways… you can now remix any recipe, including your own!

Hey @gazzini. I’m new to pools and I found Pool Doctor, which led me to Pool Dash and now I’m here. I was excited to see that Pool Doctor let me change my target levels, instead of every other app that just tried to sell me stuff. Here, I think you accomplished the same with recipes / formulas, but I can’t figure out how to make one. Any tips?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @thestoffer, and welcome to the pooldash forum!

It’s still pretty hard to remix a recipe, (I’ll work on that in the coming months), but if you select an existing recipe (I’d recommend the default one), you can usually tweak target levels.

Pool Doctor had global set of targets for all your pools — people with 1 pool and 1 hot tub really didn’t appreciate this, so in pooldash, the target levels are per-pool (but which targets you can configure will depend on what recipe is selected).

Sorry if that’s unclear — I’ll also make a tutorial for recipe-creation in ~2 weeks.

Ok that makes sense. Can I suggest a recipe then? I just installed a Frog Leap system and their recommended free chlorine levels are lower than average (.5 to 1) because their system adds extra minerals or something so the pool needs less chlorine. I’ll tweak the values for myself, but it might be a helpful recipe for others since the Frog app doesn’t allow you to enter precise numbers (because it assumes you’re using their test strips). The rest of the values they recommend are pretty standard. Ak 80-120, pH 7.2-7.8, and hardness 250-400.

1 Like

Sure! I made a community recipe called “Frog Leap”:

https://app.pooldash.com/recipe/jumpy_presence_347

Do you think I should leave CYA in there? Let me know if there is anything else you’d like changed about it, I’d love to get this right.

Also, I think it’s a bit weird to have to choose a sanitizer (“water type”) with these… I guess choose chlorine for now, and maybe I’ll reconsider that option in the future.

After reading a bit about it, it seems the frog system itself adds its own stabilizer, which is why the Frog app doesn’t ask you to test for CYA. I guess I shouldn’t have added some to my pool!

It turns out there are folks that don’t like the Frog system, but for the sake of consistency I’d remove CYA from the recipe.

Awesome, I updated the recipe so that it will no longer dose CYA as a treatment.

Do you think I should remove the reading as well, or would you prefer that I leave that one in there?

You mean the record of my previous readings? If so it’s fine how it is. Thanks.