We're glad to meet you!

It’s a long-standing pooldash tradition (as of… 5 minutes ago) for everyone’s first post to be introducing yourself by starting a topic on this thread.

There is no wrong way to introduce yourself, and you don’t even have to say your name or where you’re from (but you’re welcome to!).

Look, I’m trying to start this forum, and nobody else is posting… come on, let’s break the ice!

Hi,
Nordic water here :slight_smile:
Sweden to be precise.
I built a 1800L hot tub/spa/jacuzzi for outdoor use.
Technical was not to complicated.
After two year of perfection it was time to start using it, (admitting solving technical challenge is my work)
This was the time I understand how little I know about water!
First year was a learning curve.
Then I decided to keep maintenance and chemicals to minimum.
To make it more spontaneous friendly I added 40kw heater (wood) this way I don’t need to keep the water at 38C, (perfect for bacteria growth)
Now I can make it ready for swim in 2 hours.
This is made from Aluminum to make the heat transfer as high as possible. (This also make it sensitive for high salt and chlorine.
So I use UV and drive the pump 40min every 3 hours 24/7. Adding little hydrogen peroxide 18% every 2 week.
Also built a magnetic water treatment to keep the hydrogen more aggressive.

This year I have sent water sample to 3 party to make sure it safe. It’s fine!

Now I’m in process of installing ozone generator and skip peroxide.

The spa is made from glass fiber and rubber hose so it tends to raise the PH 0,4 every week, probably static friction.

All I need today is PH down every second week.
And small amount of peroxide.

The pump “change” total volume in 30min.

-Sorry for long introduction-

Hi thank you I am new to this and so happy I found a site that can help
Last year I got a above Ground pool and just used the filter that come with it basic best ways one and bought just the starter pack chemicals pool was good obviously when left a couple of days got algae and cloudy
This year I bought a new sand filter and chemicals I bought in Individually and add nothing but trouble with Nepal LG Green starts within one day cloudiness and because it’s at the bottom of the pool can anyone help with a solution also can’t get the pH alkaline Dan despite trying everything thank you for your help is much grateful