Target Levels -- Design Feedback?

Several people have asked for the ability to easily edit target levels (like in the Pool Doctor app), without having to create an entirely new recipe, so… we’re building it!

I’m in the process of updating the recipe editor to add a new “targets” section, where recipe authors can define custom target ranges, and users can customize them in the app.

This is what the app will look like – let us know if you have any feedback.

The targets will be customized on a per-pool basis, which is an improvement over the Pool Doctor app. Also, the customizable targets will change depending on which recipe is chosen:

2 Likes

Hi new user here :slight_smile:

So I have entered the target levels as per my pool builder’s demands for warranty but when I enter test levels higher than the target ranges I still get Congratulations your pool is balanced.

The company is ridiculously strict on their levels and log requirements and I was hoping this would be my lifeline but it is not calculating for example if my target ph is min 7 max is 7.4 but my test reading is 7.6 it is saying balanced but my pool company will say it is not and void my warranty

1 Like

Hi again is this forum still active?

Yes, sorry – let me see if I can figure this one out. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

It looks like one of the formulas is ignoring the target-levels param… Let me see if I can find it.

Do you remember which formula you’re using? It’s probably the default formula for salt pools, let me check that one…

1 Like

It looks like the formula is correct:
https://app.pooldash.com/formula/jumpy_bear_993/edit#t-m_acid

… which means there might be some other bug in the app. I’ll check this weekend – maybe it isn’t registering “skipped” readings correctly?

Thanks for pointing this out, sorry for being slow to respond!

1 Like

Hey thank you! I fully appreciate all the effort that you put into this.

Yes I am just using the standard salt water pool formula as I really have very little idea on what I am doing.

Not sure if it helps but these are my details

I live in Cairns Australia - Tropical city.
Pool:
Fibreglass
20 000 Litres
Salt Water Chlorinator

The parameters my pool company insist upon are:

PH 7-7.4
TA 80-120ppm
Chorine 1-3ppm
Stabiliser 30-50ppm
Calcium Hardness 100-300ppm

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hi just checking in. I am guessing you have been super busy? Hope to hear from you soon :blush:

Hi hoping you are well? :grin:Just wondering if you will be coming back to the forum? It’s been awhile. :hourglass_flowing_sand: